Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!


So, last night I was inspired by my Aunt Linda to reactivate my blog. It has been probably about a year (maybe longer) since I used it.... so, here we go!

Dave is still working for World Vision in a department called Vision Fund. He loans microfinance banks money so that they can make loans to their clients. He has got to do a bit of travel the last two years, going to places such as Malawi, Cambodia, Mongolia, India, Sri Lanka and Guatemala, to name a few. He enjoys his job quite a bit, but we have been talking about moving overseas in the next year or so.

I finished my multiple subject teaching credential in June. Because of budget cuts, I was not able to find a "real job", so I am a substitute teacher in Azusa, Glendora and Duarte. Since the beginning of November, I have been in a long-term sub position. So, I currently work at Dalton Elementary School in Azusa as a 2nd and 3rd grade teacher. My kids are great and also a challenge, and I will probably post quite a bit about them.

We got our french bulldog, French Fry in August. She has quickly become the joy of our lives, and we enjoy taking her with us when we go places.

Anyways, that's a mini update for the new year. Happy 2009!

No comments: