Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

7 months old

Already?? Can someone stop time, please??

What?! I'm 7 months old??


This month started with a trip to see the Rose Gardens in Regent Park. The following week, Grandma and Grandpa Wallace came for a visit (on their way home from Israel) and Dave had a work trip to Geneva, Switzerland.  We went through a noticeable growth spurt just after she hit the 6-month mark, waking up 3-4 times a night to eat (and eat a lot!). We experienced teething the end of this month for about a week and a half, and the teeth finally came through a couple of days ago. 
taken the very end of May

Weight: who knows? We go to get weighed next month. Guessing 17 lbs. 
Height: still growing. I did a rough measurement at home and she is around 27 inches.
Clothing size: 6-9 or 9 or 12 month sizes
Diaper size: 4, but thinking of moving up to 4+ for nighttime

She doesn't do this anymore. Now she tries to climb out (and has a couple of times!)

Our little bug is growing up. She has become a "toddler" overnight. She has been rolling for quite a while, but now seems to understand that she can roll to get to where she wants to go. She has also started to do a lame army crawl. I say lame because she only uses one arm as she scoots herself around, and the other remains tucked underneath her. It gives her a "limp". I'm sure she'll figure it out soon, but its pretty funny!

When I was making dinner, Georgia rolled across the floor and ended up here. I'm sure (yup, I know) she did it on purpose. She was so cute I had to run to grab my camera and went right back to where I was so I could snap this picture.

Georgia and daddy in the rose gardens.

Eating: She is still nursing 7 times a day. This is still rather high because she eats 2-3 times a night. She nurses every 3-4 hours during the day and then usually eats around 10 or 11 (before I go to bed), once around 3-4 and then once again around 6ish. I can usually put her back in bed and she will sleep (and I will too!) another hour or so after that morning feed.
This makes my heart happy. Georgia and grandpa. It's going to be so good to see family in a couple of weeks.

Solids: Georgia went through a "I-hate-solid-food" phase this month. Probably because of the teething. She also became very independent. So, we try to do 2-3 meals a day. Sometimes we only do 1. Or sometimes she refuses to eat. She is also really picky. She hates apples. With a passion. Gags on them every time. I thought it was just the home-made stuff, so I bought some jarred ones. Still hates them. Now, she feeds herself most of the time. I plop her food on her tray and let her go for it. Right now, her favorite foods are pita bread and yogurt (mixed with a fruit).

Sleep: Still diggin' the sleep. She takes 3 naps (although if we're busy, out and about and she misses one she can cope). She goes to bed around 7 and wakes up around 6 or 7. I'd like to push back bedtime to closer to 8 so that she'll sleep in a bit in the morning. It would be nice to have a little more free time in the evenings and some time in the morning before she wakes up. Like I said earlier, she is still waking to eat 2-3 times a night. Oh well. She's on the skinny end, so I'm not going to worry about it for a while.

Crazy Hair!!

She is getting more and more talkative. She loves to say da-da-da-da all day long. Dave thinks its pretty cool ;-)

Father's Day
At our neighborhood park


No comments: