Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

10 months old!

Not quite 10 months old here, but the most recent picture I have

As we are coming up on her first year birthday, I see the toddler side of Georgia creeping out. Okay... its basically burst forth! She is taking many steps (but still prefers crawling for getting around), she is very interactive and mimics noises and sounds we make. She roars when wrestling with Dave and sings with me when I sing. She climbs the stairs at an amazing speed and knows (probably even more than I think) what I am saying. She even has begun to say a couple of words. See??? She's not a baby anymore!

She went through a phase of putting things in her mouth. 

Weight: right around 20 pounds
teeth count: 8 (almost 9)
clothing: mostly 12 month stuff. I've put almost everything else away. 

Looking at birds outside while eating blackberries

She is extremely active. I have nothing to compare her to, so I assume she is normal. She loves playing with toys. We try to get out of the house at least once a day, whether it is to the park or the library so that she has a change of scenery and can play with new toys or see new people.

at the park

Sleep: She is taking 2 naps a day, the first around 10 and the second around 1 or 2. She goes to bed around 7:30 and sleeps until 8 or so, waking 2-3 times to eat during the night. 


Georgia is very familiar with Skype. She's laughing at Daddy, while he was in Tanzania. 


Food: This is still something I need to figure out. Some days Georgia nurses extremely well, and other days she doesn't. I should probably put her on a more ridged schedule to see if that helps, but right now she nurses when she's grumpy - normally 2 or 3 times during the day, and 2 or 3 times at night and eats at meal times. I often give her a snack in the afternoons because she seems to need it. 


She still loves animals. She can now say "do" which is dog and "bi" which is bird. She has only done these a couple of times, but I'm pretty sure that's what she's trying to say. Our daily activities include looking for animals (out the window or on our walks).

She of course can say da-da and she says it all the time! Dave is absolutely in love with that ;-)


She is starting to use her hands more. She can wave goodbye and hello, and when you tell her to dance, she waves both hands in the air. We've only done a couple sign language signs, but she can sign "milk" (and oddly enough does it all the time, whether she wants it, or not!) and has just started signing "all done" at the end of the meal (but only after I do it first).

No comments: