Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pregnancy update

God has been so good to me!

Since arriving in England, I have been feeling WONDERFUL! 
Really. I don't know why that is. 
Maybe the fact that I walk everywhere? I'm definitely getting more exercise. 

I have been getting more and more tired, but still have all the energy I need to do what needs to be done. 
I just walk a little slower going places :-)

This picture was taken a day or two ago, so a little before 34 weeks. 

The way the system in England works is that you have to have an address before you find a doctor - everything depends on where you live. So, once we got our lease papers, I took them to the GP Surgery (just their name for Dr.'s office). It is literally one block away from our house. It would take longer to drive there than to walk.

Anyways, they have been pretty helpful with getting everything done. I am now registered at a hospital (although it took several nagging phone calls on my end) and have had a "check-up". But by "check-up" I mean the doctor handed me papers to fill out, and said to come back in a few weeks. So, I guess I'm good to go! I have to go into the hospital tomorrow to discuss payment because I am not technically covered under the NHS (since we're so new to the country). I also have an appointment with a midwife at another hospital tomorrow, I think some sort of check-up or informational meeting. 

On a funny note - can I just say that I was weighed in stones? That's how its done here :-) The nurse and I had quite a time trying to figure out how much weight I've gained and translating everything from pounds to stones. 

There is still so much to do - other than the baby items I brought with us (mostly clothes & blankets), I don't have a single baby item. Well, I did buy diapers last week because I figure I'd need those if the baby were to come soon! Like I've said before, finding baby stuff is just more difficult here because I'm not used to it. I don't know what stores carry what items, or where the best place to find "xyz" is. 

Prayer for us as we continue to navigate this journey. There is lots to do with getting the house ready and the bags packed for the hospital. We still have to figure out payment for the birth and getting reimbursed (hopefully!) from our insurance in the States. 

3 comments:

Catharina said...

God IS good! So happy for you to have some of the details more laid out. I was talking with Robbie yesterday about how I am so amazed by your flexibility and calm in the face of so much uncertainty right now! Always looking forward to the next update!

Courtney said...

You look great! I'm glad you're getting the doctor thing figured out.:)
Can you email me your new house address?
Miss you guys!

khall1026 said...

It's so great that you're feeling "wonderful". Enjoy this precious time with your husband as you anticipate Georgia's arrival!
-mom